26 November 2008

For the record...

The Official Mustachio Project has come to a head. After just under a week sporting the popular, and I must say, quite badass, handlebar/fu manchu mustache, on Monday morning I winnowed the fur to its thematic apex. To preserve the mustachio and my appearance therewith for posterity, I post now some photos. Can't wait to get some cranberry sauce caught up in it. Hours of enjoyment!

In the first, the appropriate look with a mustachio of my nature: squinty eyed and creepy.



(I partially intended to squint for this picture, and I partially succumbed to my inner 'My Name is Earl' nature whereby I seem to not be capable of keeping my eyes open in cases of double-flashed photography.)

And then, a more pleasant looking pose.


Conspicuously absent: a thoughtful and wise photo of me looking highly professorial with my mustachio. Sadly, my present constitution does not allow me to get the solid pushbroom effect going. Alas.

The good news is that I just checked my license and it needs to be renewed. Barring a major case of self-doubt, the mustachio should be enshrined in my ID photo for the forseeable future. Makes me sadder that I cut he fu, as that was very righteous. Now I'll just get added to the National Creep Registry (for those who haven't done anything yet but are considered mostly likely to). But hey, that's something at least!

No comments: